Swimming
Tennis
Track & Field
Wrestling

Get the Vype App Now

iOSAndroid

VYPE Q&A: West Brook QB L'Ravien Elia

Elia (left) with PNG's Roschon Johnson/VYPE

L’Ravien Elia has been leading West Brook’s offense for two years now. He first turned heads as a freshman when he led his team to an undefeated season. Elia returns to the field once again for his final season.

VYPE: Why did you choose to play football?

L’Ravien Elia (LR): It's just something I tried when I was younger. I played almost every sport, but football became the one I loved playing.

Elia averaged 219 passing yards per game last season with 1797 yards total throughout his career.

VYPE: How would you describe yourself as a quarterback?

LR: I’m a winner. One thing my guys know, when it's time to step on that field that it's time to win. I would say that I am not much of a vocal leader, but they follow me. They feed off of me.

West Brook’s offense owes its success to good coaching, Elia’s leadership, and the stability of its receivers. Damon Ward and Deonte’ Simpson can be counted on to catch what Elia throws.

VYPE: What makes you stand out as a player?

LR: Heart. I love the game and it shows every time I'm out there.

West Brook has switched districts for this season. The Bruins traveled to Conroe to face the schools of district 12-6A for the past two seasons. Now, the Bruin offensive effort will be tested by Deer Park and North Shore in district 21-6A.

VYPE: What games are you looking forward to most?

LR: I want to be the best and to do so we have to play the best. With that being said, I am looking forward to playing North Shore. We will take it one game at a time, not taking any team lightly.

The Bruins went one and done in the playoffs last year. Longview defeated West Brook 42-21 on November 17, 2017.

VYPE: What are your goals for this season?

LR: We all have one goal, to make this year the best and to get our Bruin community a ring. It’s time. We, as seniors, have been working hard together since seventh grade. It’s our childhood dream. I believe this team can go all the way. We have everything it takes.

boards
West Brook High School - Football
Sport
Football
West Brook High School - Football
You must be logged in to comment
Vype Media Logo